Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Brandi & Max Relax


I guess we take a lot of couch pictures. As I was reviewing the past few months' photos, that's about all I could see--either in the background or our family on it. This picture sums our couch up pretty well. Notice the my-size Barbie kickin' it? It must be tough being Barbie. Anyway, this picture is a favorite "couch" picture of mine. Look from the left--it starts with the dollhouse next to the couch, pillows and Barbie follow, and then you come around to the two of them, Max and Brandi. It's rare you see her feet up anymore--she's been so busy with school, work, and taking care of all the little things. When I do see her, though, she's with Max. They are practically inseparable. Love is in the air.

For this layout, I used the Cricut Calligraphy cartridge and Cricut DesignStudio Software to weld the white decorative background. I then employed the basic blue Cricut pen to draw that decorative background on the aqua-colored cardstock and then placed the white mesh on top of it. (If interested in that cutfile, which includes two other welded backgrounds from that cartridge, please follow the mediafire link below). The butterflies were cut (one felt and a few chipboard) using the Cuttlebug and then embossed using the Cuttlebug with different inks/glimmer mist to enhance the embossed image. The curly border is a Sizzix border die--so cute and fun! For the little journaling I have, I employed that typewriter again.

Mediafire link for cutfile--enjoy! http://www.mediafire.com/?d1mydyyml2z

2 comments:

Marla said...

OK! I am still learning how to do all this.... I think I added to your web site? TFS
formy5children@yahoo.com

Angie Blom said...

oh my so beautiful and what amazing detail.. i want to come over and just look at you scrap, i could learn so much!! you are truly amazing.