Wednesday, April 29, 2009

April Provo Craft Projects




Hello, all! Hope you've been enjoying your area's springtime weather. It's been a little chilly here this week, which I enjoy, but I think the kids want it a bit warmer. This month's Provo Craft assignment was to use the Home Decor Solutions Cricut cartridge. I made a stacked box set, some framed art, and a card. The stacked box set and frame were found locally in a second-hand store. The stacked box set was originally decorated with a Christmas theme. I used a 2-inch square from Plantin SchoolBook Cricut cartridge with my Cricut Expression set on autofill mode, and cut out several pages of squares, so that I could decoupage the squares over the Christmas theme. Then I used wordart from the Home Decor cartridge with shadow and blackout to decorate each box. I really like the look and feel of this wordart--something I think is appealing to everyone's eye. Now onto the framed art--Because the frame had a metallic edge to it, I chose to use some foil cardstock by American Crafts. This cardstock is really great to use in conjunction with the Cuttlebug and embossing folders. I found a package of it at Michael's--about 30 sheets, three each of 10 metallic colors--great bang for your buck. The inner window of each panel was embossed using orange foil cardstock, embossed using the Paisley embossing folder with Cuttlebug. I then used the Home Decor Cricut cartridge to cut some bugs and wordart, again using the blue, gold, black, and red foil cardstock. I think this would look really great in a boys room, a garden patio, a green house, etc. Those bugs are too cool! For the card, I used Accent Essentials Cricut Cartridge and DesignStudio software to weld the scalloped square into a card base. Then used Home Decor for the elegantly embellished frame and wordart. That's a picture of Raiden when he was about three days old. It was originally taken using my son's cell phone, so I played with it a little in Photoshop until I liked the way it looked and printed it out for the frame of this card. Hope you like my projects--I sure had fun making them.

No comments: