Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Nine Candles at Disneyland

crobinson_110513lg

Our family’s favorite place in the world to celebrate their birthday is Disneyland.  We can’t do it every year, but when it happens, it brings us ALL together, near and far.  This year we celebrated Raiden’s 9th birthday at Disneyland!  We all had a wonderful time getting together as a family, even waiting in line, and battling the crowds at times.  Seeing all of my children together, hugging and wishing Raiden a happy birthday warms my heart and makes me proud.  Raiden appreciated it and enjoyed his magical day.  The picture of him above really caught my eye when I went back to look at our Disneyland pictures.  At first, he looks as if he’s not having a very good time at all, but I assure you he definitely was having the BEST time.  Saturday evening, we took a break from walking through the park and wading through the crowds to sit and watch the Pixar Parade at California Adventure.  This little guy had been up and out everyday when the parks opened and wouldn’t go back to our Hotel until after closing time.  I think the look on his face is sheer exhaustion AND happiness rolled into one.  The watch he is wearing is a Mickey Mouse wristwatch he wanted on Main Street in Disneyland for his birthday.  He wears it everyday and will randomly let me know what time it is throughout the day.  I’m glad he does—it reminds me of his magical birthday at Disneyland!  EVERYONE should have a birthday at Disneyland at least once in their lifetime.

Nine Candles at Disneyland Supplies

Celebrate Theme Pack available NOW at Digital Project Life

Krafty premium cardstock by Core’dinations

Black Silhouette Sketch Pen for dashed border and various files from Silhouette America Online Store:

Jess Font

scallop border strip

banners set of 6

3D layered bow

Instant photo frame

journal card

5 tabs

Buttons by Autumn Leaves

Twine by My Mind’s Eye

I like using the digital versions of Project Life because it gives me more bang for my buck.  I’m able to fill shapes in Silhouette Studio with the filler and journaling cards from the digital kits which will shape them into other elements I may need to supplement a more traditional look on my layouts.  Sometimes I just want to step outside the basic shapes of project life and the digital version allows me to do that. 

Here’s a peek at the Celebrate Theme Pack I used on the above layout.

bh_celebrate_prev_1024x1024 Click on the above collection image to be taken directly to the product pages at Digital Project Life.

Here’s the description from Digital Project Life:

Document your celebrations with the Project Life® Celebrate Theme Pack Create a mini album or mix this pack in with a core edition to make a full Project Life® album. Any way you choose to use it, you will love the results.

The Celebrate Theme Pack includes:

  • 24 3x4 filler cards in PNG format
  • 24 3x4 journaling cards in PNG format
  • 12 4x6 journaling cards in PNG format
  • 6 4x6 title card designs in horizontal and vertical format for a total of 12 4x6 title cards
  • 8.5x11 PDFs with all of the cards for easy printing**

For a complete look at all of the card designs in this Project Life® Edition, click here and you will be taken to a card design reference PDF.

**Printing Tips: Set your printer to a "borderless" setting. If your printer has an "expansion" option, make sure it is set to minimum. If you are sending this to a commercial printer, verify that they have the ability to print borderlessly before placing your order.

No comments: