Thursday, February 20, 2014

Happy Together

happy together

When you take a picture of yourself it’s called a selfie.  What do you call a couple that takes their picture? Is it a selfie +1?  Is it a married selfie?  Is it a twosie? I have no idea.

Last summer while we were enjoying the yard swing, my hubby was such a good sport and let me take selfies of us.  Of course I wanted to—I just had my hair done.  I probably took 50 pictures.  My husband kept cracking me up along the way.  He’s very good at that. This was the one I liked the best, so I just had to scrap it using Unity Stamp Company’s sketch from their challenge this month.  I turned the sketch around and changed the size from 12-x-12 to 11-x-8-1/2.  Sometimes I like that size, that’s why.  Here’s a link to this month’s challenge:  http://theunitystampco-challenge.blogspot.com/2014/02/may-hope-sustain-you.html.

Happy Together Layout Supplies

Just a Little . . . Clicky stamp by Angie Blom available at Unity Stamp Company (scanned into my computer, colored in Sketchbook Pro 6, converted to png file, and printed-and-cut (parts, not all) with my Silhouette Cameo and Hewlett Packard Photosmart B8550). Some of the little cameras were mounted to the page using 3D Zots for dimension here and there and Tombow Multi Mono Liquid Glue.

The following are available at the Silhouette America Online Store: the font used for journaling is LW Cursive Sketch; the heart border is by American Crafts; Happy Together is by Jamie Koay; and the instagrammed photo frame is by Sara Hurley.  They were cut/printed  from Matte Photo Paper by Staples.  Most of the layout was printed onto printable adhesive Kraft paper.  The pieces were printed-and-cut using my Silhouette Cameo/Hewlett Packard Photosmart B8550 with the Just Add Color Collection available at Digital Project Life and Stuck on You by One Little Bird available at The Lilypad.  I used the black Silhouette Sketch Pen with the continuous feature selected in the software around the frame/sentiments, heart border, and for journaling.  A white Prismacolor pencil was used to fill in the cameras here and there.

The heart border was adhered to the layout using my Singer Futura and white embroidery thread.

4 comments:

Waving My Wand said...

Camille, the thing I love about you is you always have such fresh, creative ideas. This another good one. Love!

Camille Robinson said...

Thank you so much, Terri!

Anonymous said...

Those cameras were perfect for this. Very cute. Hugs~Patti

Cynthia said...

Great layout, Camille. Love the cameras that you have popped up!