Saturday, February 22, 2014

Let Them Eat Cake Tea Towel!

tea towel 1smWhat fun I had today!  I’ve had a set of plain ordinary cotton tea towels I picked up from Walmart about a year ago that have gone unused. They were just waiting for the perfect image to adorn them.  The other day, I came across the following digital stamp by Tracey Malnofski perusing The Stamping Boutique.marie-antoinette22450 Immediately I knew what was going to go down!  This digital stamp is only $3.25 and because it’s digital, you don’t pay for shipping and you get it FAST!  Clicking on the image above will take you directly to the product page at The Stamping Boutique.

Today I got started with the process.  The image was retrieved in Sketchbook Pro 6 where it was colored using various brushes, including an air brush, with several Copic markers on my Wacom tablet.  In the beginning, I was recording the Copic colors, so that I could list them for you, but be warned, toward the end, I stopped listing them because the list just got too big:  R29 Lipstick Red, R39 Garnet, RV32 Shadow Pink, RV04 Shock Pink, Y11 Pale Yellow, Y17 Golden Yellow, B95 Light Grayish Cobalt, B06 Peacock Blue, E00 Skin White, E33 Sand, and then I stopped remembering to list them . . . I’ll get better I promise.

Once I was done coloring, and it took a while, I retrieved it in Silhouette DE, sized it to fit my towel, traced it to make it a cut file, flipped it horizontally, and printed-and-cut it from ordinary t-shirt transfer paper for white-colored fabrics. I pressed my tea towel and followed the directions of the transfer paper to lay the image down.  Once it was cooled, I peeled off the backing and had the most cutest tea towel EVER.  This was a super easy project to do, trust me!  This would make a great house warming gift.  In the near future, I think I see some Unity Fashionista tea towels, too. And why not?!

tea towel 2

2 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

Oh my goodness, is that ever gorgeous, and so fun!!! You have a program on a tablet that you can color with copics??

Camille Robinson said...

Yep. Sketchbook 6 has all the copic colors. There's even a free version you can try with 72 copic colors. The full version has like 300 Copic colors. It's a fun program.