Friday, February 28, 2014

Pretty Lady Birthday Chipboard Tag

birthdaylg

Making this tag this afternoon made my Friday.  The concept of it began in my mind around 4:30 this morning and I just couldn’t wait to get started making it.  Of course, things had to be done before the making of the tag.  Once all the chores and running around were completed, I was able to play with the concept of the tag and bring my vision to life.  A couple of weeks ago I got this Fashionista in one of Unity’s weekly sales.  She’s been on my mind and I just couldn’t wait to make a tag using her.  Tracey Malnofski’s fashionistas are fun to color, paper-piece, and cut.  They just come to life before my eyes and remind me of simpler times when I was little and would play with paper dolls.  I played around using the color challenge from Unity’s [be inspired] challenge on the tag.  I hope you like it as much as I do.  Awesome Friday!  Clicking on the image below will take you to this month’s Unity {be inspired} Challenge.

1010390_10203140352899284_690909342_n

Happy Birthday Pretty Lady Tag Supplies

Sabrina {fashionista} and sentiment by Tracey Malnofski available at Unity Stamp Company (scanned into my computer, colored with Copic markers and the airbrush in Sketchbook Pro 6 and paper-pieced using digital patterned paper by Basic Grey in Photoshop Elements, converted to png file, and printed-and-cut with my Silhouette Cameo and Hewlett Packard Photosmart B8550). Tracey’s image was mounted to the card base using 3D Zots for dimension here and there and Tombow Multi Mono Liquid Glue.

The Tim Holtz Tag & Bookplates Die by Sizzix was cut using my Silhouette Cameo from digital patterned paper by Nancie Rowe Janitz and chipboard.  OF NOTE:  The silhouette of the fashionista was welded to the tag shape in Silhouette Studio. I love doing that!  The tag topper was embossed using a Tim Holtz embossing folder in a Spellbinders Grand Calibur. Pumice Stone Distress Ink was applied to the edges of the tag and the tag topper.  Mustard Seed Distress Ink and a Picket Fence Distress Marker were also applied to the tag topper.

The doily tag topper is available from the Silhouette America Online Store and was cut in half in Silhouette Studio. 

All print-and-cut pieces were cut from Matte Photo Paper by Staples using my Silhouette Cameo/Hewlett Packard Photosmart B8550.

White accents from Imaginisce were applied to the bow on the cake using their I-Rock tool.

Heavy duty jute from the hardware store was applied to the tag by tying a bow.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Karen (karey2005) said...

So pretty, Camille!

Camille Robinson said...

Thanks, Karen!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous tag! Hugs~Patti

Camille Robinson said...

Thanks, Patti!