Friday, February 14, 2014

YOU Take My Breath Away

blows me awaylg

Well today is LOVE day!  I’ve had one of the best yet.  The kids were off from school and we ate heart-shaped yummies and played most of the day.  It’s still not over, though.  I had to squeeze ONE more Valentine-themed card into the holiday using Unity Stamps, of course. I’ve used this same stamped image recently and just couldn’t help myself from playing with it again.  This time I tried using Copic markers.  I’m sure you can tell I need more experience with them and I plan on doing just that!

YOU Take My Breath Away Card Supplies

Your Love Blows Me Away Stamp Set by Phyllis Harris available at Unity Stamp Company (scanned into my computer, colored with Copic markers in Sketchbook Pro 6, converted to png file, and printed-and-cut with my Silhouette Cameo and Hewlett Packard Photosmart B8550). Phyllis’s image was mounted to the card base using 3D Zots for dimension here and there and Tombow Multi Mono Liquid Glue.

The card (A2 Heart Pop Dot Card--with heart removed--by Lori Whitlock) is available from the Silhouette America Online Store.  It was cut from Matte Photo Paper by Staples and white cardstock by Georgia Pacific.  The card/card pieces were printed-and-cut using my Silhouette Cameo/Hewlett Packard Photosmart B8550 with Crate Paper’s Maggie Holmes Full Collection available at ACDigitals.  I used the black Silhouette Sketch Pen with the continuous feature selected in the software around the frame.

The button was adhered to the sentiment/card using my Singer Futura and black embroidery thread.

I hope you all had a LOVEly Valentine’s Day.  I’m going to go and open the Frivolo my husband brought home for me and eat the chocolate-dipped strawberries my daughter, Brandi, got for me.  YiPPee!   

No comments: